Monday, August 23, 2010

UhOh



I missed two days this time, and almost missed today.... I got distracted baking bread and working, but mostly baking. Today was my first day of class in Chicago. A little crazy, but I'm beginning to feel a little more prepared for grad school. I think one of the girls I recently made friends with isn't so hot on being my friend, and I'm ok with that. I actually think the person I like the most of all the people I've met so far is my roommate. I am really excited about that, she seems like a neat person and nice and everything, so hopefully we will be friends, if not at least we are friendly roommates! Class seems like it will be similar to an undergrad class, so I can handle that, but maybe this time I will try to do the reading... try.
I also have plans to start going to the gym tomorrow, but I am a little worried because I don't have a lock for a locker, so I will probably go buy one of those at Target before, luckily I have six hours between class, so I'll eat lunch after my first class on my way over to Target to go get a lock, and there was something else I was thinking I needed.. but I can't remember what it was. I did type up my notes for today's class though, I hope to keep doing that for the whole semester, when I did that in undergrad I barely had to study for finals at all.
So today's items of removal from my life are keys, I am going to get rid of two key rings full of keys. I know, it's sorta a cop-out because it's only two key rings, but still. As I start my life in Chicago, I will get rid of the useless memories from Austin. I doubt I could even use these keys to break into an old place in Austin because most of the time locks are changed, so they are completely useless. The key chains on the other hand have some memories. The first one (the R) was from Diane when she went on one of her trips. It was fun to use for a while, but I only have one key I need to carry around while I'm in Chicago and I don't need a fancy key chain that takes up extra space. The other one is from when Linh (Rick's roommate) went to Hollywood. He always brings me presents when he goes on trips, and I love it. It is nice to know he was thinking about Rick, and me a little, while he's away. I also know it is his way of showing that Rick is important to him. I need more friends like that, but not really.

Anyway, enough with old memories, and onto new ones. I got my mattress today and I am extremely excited to try it out tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment