Saturday, August 14, 2010

Moving

Whew, moving is always harder than I expect it to be. It is not the actual moving part that's slowing me down with my blog this time, but the last few days. Last time I moved out of Austin I spent two weeks with friends, partying, eating, hanging out, visiting my favorite places.... This time, I have been busy for two days, with my aunt (my cousin just got engaged) my friends, my boyfriend. and myself. I definitely don't want to leave Austin in the same fashion I left last time. I was exhausted from two weeks of not enough sleep and stressed because I was leaving the town I now call my home. This time, while I haven't gotten enough sleep I hope to tonight (probably won't happen) most of my friends left Austin a few weeks ago so I haven't been as busy. I still feel like I don't have time to get anything done though. I donated all of my items (actually carried them into the store), got a hair cut, visited work one last time, bought a book so Sydney can decoupage her barstool after I'm gone, and packed most of my stuff... yet the days are quickly closing in on me and I'm still not fully packed, or mentally ready to leave behind everything I know and love in Austin.

For the past few busy days (including today), I have gotten rid of about 3 inches of hair, a dress that I could not get a good picture of, and a pile of socks and underwear that I will not need any more. I think I had almost 12 pairs of socks... and those take up a lot of room, so I'm down to 8 now, and only 9 underwear also. Which means I'm ready to live on necessity there. I plan to do my laundry once a week anyway, that way my towel and sheets can stay as clean as possible.

Each of these things are not the most sentimental, I have never been a hair person and the other two are simply clothes. I do love clothes, but I find that I enjoy clothes more when they fit correctly and look amazing, that dress was too big and I never felt quite right in it. On a side note though, I did get a new dress yesterday, a very cute polka-dot one. I think it is one of the best purchases I have made in a while, and could mean I will get rid of more clothes when I get to Chicago, but for now I'm not unpacking everything to do that.... there is a 50 lbs weight limit on bags when flying though, so if I can't keep it under weight I'll find something to get rid of.

I have only about a day left in Austin, therefore I don't want to waste my precious hours on the internet, I would rather get out and see the city one last time.. Oh, and pack.

1 comment:

  1. This is kind of related to your blog: http://www.boingboing.net/2010/08/16/article-about-extrem.html

    ReplyDelete