Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cleaning Day

Today I cleaned the house. I like to do a full cleaning once a week. This means picking up all the chairs so I can sweep and mop under them as well as dusting almost the entire place. I will be the first to point out that behind the TV is dusty but I don't feel like trying to get around the stairs and a bunch of cords to clean that out. I probably will next week, just before I leave. This week I mopped and cleaned the dishes while watching Law and Order: SVU ...one of my addictions. Afterward I was able to go through my drawer in the bathroom, I was supposed to share the drawer with my sister but she doesn't have very much stuff and mine takes up most of the drawer. In the process I found another contact case. This one actually glows in the dark and can be a bit scary to wake up to when I'm sleeping over at a friend's house and forget that I had it on the bedside table.
I'm pretty sure these were also a gift from my mom. In the process of getting rid of things I find myself discovering items I didn't even remeember I owned. Many of these items are gifts also. At what point is it ok to get rid of a present. I almost always treasure a gift from someone, even if it is not something I would usually buy for myself. Maybe especially when that is the case. This contact case I have used for over a year, yet I still feel a twinge of guilt and sadness because this case was a fun item that I received from someone I care about and who cares about me. Often I will opt out of purchasing an item I can get for free from somewhere else, in this example my optometrist. I do still enjoy having a fun case to use and, however I obviously collected many such cases when I only need one. Therefore away with another one. Hopefully I will learn to keep my drawers and shelves clear of clutter after this.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.9

No comments:

Post a Comment