Thursday, July 22, 2010

vacation makes blogging hard

Spending a few days in New York this past weekend I was able to step away from all of my things and see what life is like with the absolute minimum. Thinking about everything I left back in Austin I enjoyed my spontaneous vacation. However the short trip I took made it basically impossible for me to keep up with getting rid of things. Today I will donate a small pile of toys that I got in my Easter eggs last year. While these toys have not had the chance to build sentimental meaning for me yet, nor were they selected specifically for me, I always find it harder to give away new items. Maybe the idea that I could form a bond with them makes me want to hang onto them long enough to do so. Either way... these toys have been my reminder of Easter in Austin for a few months and here they go, off to someone who will enjoy taking them apart and playing with each little character as its own animal. Hopefully other vacations I go on I will be able to plan ahead and pack items I will donate so I can continue to update this while I'm gone.
On another note, I feel like I keep wanting to collect more things as I go along. And that I want to be a scrapbooker but have never had the creative spirit to get one finished in time. In New York after a harrowing adventure in the airport (of which you heard some of) I got to see Chicago performed by amazing actors and visit the statue of liberty and Wall street and take a food tour of the meatpacking district (amazing food everyoje should try this). Every place I visited and every activity I participated in gave me one or more things to save for the scrapbook I will never make....luckily cameras are mostly digital now so I don't have hundreds of printed pictures with nowhere to go.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.8

No comments:

Post a Comment