Saturday, July 17, 2010

Presents

I love getting gifts from people, especially when I know the person really tried to find something that I would like. Unfortunately, even if I don't love a gift I try to use it as much as possible because usually I learn to love things for the sentimental fact that they were given to me by an important person in my life or someone who cares about me. Today, the item I will donate was a gift from my boss. After a conference he came back with presents for everyone. I got a rubber worker ducky. While I never use rubber duckies, I don't even usually take baths, it was nice to be thought of. This ducky, still unnamed, sat on my desk at work for my last few months in an office full of people I love working with. While I am sad to see him go I will hope that someone will find him and give him a name he has been asking for since I got him. Naming is too much of a resposibility for me, what if it ends up being a horrible name in two years even though it seems great now? I don't know what I'll do if I ever decide to have children...

On a side note, I am making a spur of the moment weekend trip to New York (totally out of character for me) and find I am stuck in North Carolina for three hours waiting for a delayed connection. But they have the best restrooms here...No, not that they are especially clean or super private for everyone...they provide free mouthwash! In a squirty bottle on the counter with mini disposable cups next to the sinks there is Listerine mouhwash...I didn't have a chance to brush my teeth this morning after only an hour of sleep between celebrating a friend's last birthday in Austin :( and my flight. While mouthwash does not seem like the best thing in the world all the time, I am excited to be connecting here on the way home also!

Maybe I should save a souvenir mini cup so I have something to throw away tomorrow......

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.7

No comments:

Post a Comment