Friday, July 23, 2010

Memories

Saving things from trips has always come naturally to me. The trip to New York left me with many scraps to hold onto memories. Instead I will throw these all away and write about it. I guess the blog won't remind me of my trip as often because, unlike random tickets and brochures, my blog will not fall on my head or give me a papercut as I look in my closet for what to wear in the morning or search through my box of papers for the one important document I left in there. But my blog will have to serve as a reminder of the bright lights and exciting times I had in my short weekend to New York.
The first night my flight was delayed a few hours and I ended up spending four hours in tye Charlotte airport. When I finally arrived at the La Guardia airport I was exhausted and wanted a shower (isn't it weird that planes all smell stale but the same, it's like Target....but not buttery pretzels, stale thrice breathed air). Of course due to the delays there were difficulties getting the keys to the apartment we rented for the weekend (we went through airbnb.com I would recommend giving it a try). We were finally able to get into the building but had no time to shower before we rushed off to eat a quick meal and watch Chicago performed in the Ambassador Theater (another thing I would recommend if you ever make it out there the sound and amazing performance of "actors on Broadway were extremely impressive). Time square teemed with people as we wove in and out of groups strolling slowly staring at the stores along the way.
The next morning we slept in and started our day with an amazing tour of Chelsea Market and the meat packing district. Tasting food at the different shops along the way and learning the history of the area made New York seem more interesting every step of the way. Then off to the Museum of Modern Art, we were busy the entire time, and walking the whole time.
Central Park, Wall Street, Ground Zero, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Top of the Rock... So many attractions we saw and so many we missed but hopefully there will be another trip when I can have a new set of adventures in one of the largest cities I will probably ever visit.
So today I will acknowledge my inability to scrapbook by throwing away all my saved memorials from my impromptu trip.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.8

No comments:

Post a Comment