Sunday, September 12, 2010

New Inspiration!

So, I have been slowly running out of motivation to get rid of things. I've decided that first, I haven't watched an episode of Hoarders in a while (but I talked about it recently and that inspired me some) and second, I began to feel more connection with the things I do have because I moved away from my friends and family and everything that I owned when around them became sentimental. Luckily, Rick found a website called use it or lose it and they have a program where you can upload pictures of everything you own, or whatever you feel like uploading, but it is out there to encourage you to look into everything you have. I plan to eventually upload pictures of everything I own (except personal things like underwear and stuff... that would just be a little.... strange) and that way I can pick from there what I will get rid of, as well as see what I have. I may watch an episode of Hoarders this weekend to get re-inspired again. But on that website they have links to similar stories of getting rid of things, or feeling the need to rid yourself of stuff, one of which I feel that I particularly agree with http://paulgraham.com/stuff.html. While I don't agree that books are necessarily something you need to accumulate, because how often do you really read a book you have, and I have a kindle, so it is spaceless accumulation for me, I do agree about everything else. Most people need things in their lives, I don't feel that I do, nor do I want to feel that way. So I will begin again, with a new feeling of hope that I will continue to get rid of things every day, and maybe more than one thing a day as time goes on. However.. I do need to update my wardrobe a little as well, like a sweater that isn't so brightly colored it will clash with everything I wear, who would have thought I need one of those?!

So today I will get rid of an anklet that Rose gave me for Christmas. It is from France, and is probably from H and M because I'm pretty sure this was the year she discovered H and M (but I plan to one up her and get my sweater from there, just not the France version of the store). It may in fact be from somewhere else, but the point is I wear this anklet about once every two years (which means I've worn it twice the whole time I've owned it) and obviously I don't need it. So thrift store bound this anklet will be. Hopefully the joy of getting new jewelry cheap will provide someone with some happiness, but also hopefully someone will want to wear it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment